The Eat Kentucky 2014 Christmas Gift Guide
Not sure what to buy for that special someone (who may or may not be you)? It’s Eat Kentucky to the rescue! Below are six gift ideas to help you out (and really, quite a few more options if you follow the links).
Ho, ho, ho!
2) The Farm, by Wendell Berry. Handset and printed by Larkspur Press of Monterey, Kentucky, it’s a classic and a perfect size to stuff in a stocking. Larkspur Press has a wide range of letterpress printed broadsides and hand bound book options from Kentucky authors. (The Farm: $28/$20)
3) Kentucky Region Shirts from Old Try. Where else can you get a t-shirt featuring your own native region of Kentucky? And don’t miss Old Try’s great selection of Kentucky focused framable prints. (T-shirts: $25)
4) Classic Kentucky Meals, by Rona Roberts. A book that is equally at home in the kitchen, on your nightstand, or on the coffee table. Lovely photographs by Sarah Jane Sanders (read my review). (Classic Kentucky Meals at Amazon: $16.75)
5) Chocolate Covered Potato Chips from Old Kentucky Chocolates. My family lives just a little too close to Old Kentucky Chocolates, and these are a favorite. And don’t miss the Bourbon balls, of course. (Chocolate Covered Potato Chips: $9.25)
6) Kentucky cookie cutter from Shop Local Kentucky. What’s better than eating cookies? Eating cookies in the shape of Kentucky. There is a limited supply available (I’ve already ordered mine!). (Cookie Cutter: $6)